Victim's Bill of Rights
Under the Arizona Constitution, Article 2, Sec. 2.1, victims are:
- to be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity;
- to be informed, upon request, when the accused/convicted person is released/escaped
- to be present at and to be informed of all criminal proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present;
- to be informed of victim's constitutional rights;
- to be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea, and sentencing;
- to a speedy trial and prompt and final conclusion of the case;
- to refuse an interview request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney;
- to confer with the prosecution;
- to read pre-sentence reports when they are available to the defendant;
- to ensure the protection of victim's rights;
- to receive prompt restitution;
- to be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release is being considered.
The Crime Victim's Rights for adult offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 13-4401 to 4439
The Crime Victim's Rights for juvenile offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 8-381 to 421
If you would like more information about Victim's Rights or you think your rights have been violated, you can contact the Arizona Office of the Attorney General Victim's Rights Enforcement Officer online .
Is it possible to remove a domestic violence charge from my record to stop having a delay when I purchase firearms?
Can I put a restraining order on my wife for myself and our three children? We are in the middle of a divorce and the kids live with me, I take care of them, she hardly calls or comes to see them but everytime I don't give her money she threatens to take them and remove them from school while I'm at work? I need an order of protection to keep her away until the court hearing. Can I do this?
What will happen if I don't show up for a summons to court for a answer to a protective order hearing?
Is it possible to have a restraining order or protection order without divulging my home address or place of work. I am getting death threats regarding an my girlfriend's ex who has a history of domestic violence. If he knows this information and knows our whereabouts he will take action against it and has no care in the world for the reprocussion of the law including his own life.
Can you end a lease early if the place you live is not safe? (gun shotting and domestic violence in the area) If you do end a lease early ..what is the fee there are allowed to charge you?
what can I do to help my girlfriend her ex husband is slapping her around and hitting her
I want to get my stuff from my ex boyfriends house but he won't let me can the police help me?
my exwifes boyfriend physically abused her and harrassed her he left bruses on her face that took over a month to heal i got her away from him and somehow he talked his way outa her pressing charges she earsed all the pocture and texts he sent her then she lied to me and said she filed a police report and she didnt he now lives with her and she says now he barley touched her now we have the kids seperated and we havnt exchanged in 5 months and she wount answer texts calls or emails i need to keep him away from my kids since shes met him he has made her choose him over her kids what do i do
I can't afford an attorney even through the modest means program & no one is willing to help me pro bono. I filed for divorce from my abusive husband & we reached a settlement agreement on 4/28/16. But he continues to use the judicial system to make false accusations against me & keep me in court. How can I stop this harassment, and why won't any attorneys help me pro bono? So many claim to be DV advocates but no one is advocating for me & my daugher.
Should I seek counsel in a case where I ihave a protective order and defendant filed an answer with a lawyer?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program