Welcome to Arizona's Access to Justice Online Intake System.

The online intake system is a pre–application process designed to assist in determining whether you qualify for free or reduced–fee legal assistance and which legal aid program is best to help with your legal problem. Additional information or action from you may be required to finalize your application. Please be sure to read and follow all instructions received at the end of the pre-application process!

Please follow the steps below and allow our avatar to guide you through our online intake system!

Click here to begin the interview

Thank you to the American Bar Endowment for making it possible for the A2J Author system to be mobile friendly and more accessible to all Arizonans.

Do you need written legal information or self-help packets? Information about your legal rights and self-help legal packets including court forms can be found online at www.AzLawHelp.org.


  • I am paying child support for 3 children over 18. I was told by AZDES that it doesn't matter. I have to pay forever. I find that hard to believe. They are all in their 20s with children and married. I have only 1 at home who will 18 in 6 months. I've requested a modification and that's when I was told it doesn't matter, I will pay my ex forever.
  • I am the guardian of my 2 grandchildren (their mother is my oldest daughter) she had been in a domestic violence situation with the kids dad (he is in prison until July 2016) she lives with friends, no job, possible drugs. He does drugs and has a new girlfriend pregnant. I do not want either of them to obtain children EVER. What can I do to protect the kids and myself since Arizona tends to want to reunite children and parents. This is not a good idea with either of the biological parents. I love them to much to have them suffer. Guardian since 2010, they are age 9 and 6. suggestions?
  • can a 16 year old have his own checking account?
  • Our grandaughter has lived in our home since birth. Parents used to live with us, the moved out in March but did not take the baby. She is currently still living in our home, they have moved 3 different times since March. Mom is a minor she was arrested for domestic violence, but charges were dropped. Father was in jail for domestic violence too but charges were dropped. We provide for the baby and take care of her 95% of the time what is the chance of gaining custody?
  • I have been ordered to take a parent education program but all i can find is the parent information program and i took that class 2 yrs ago when custody was established. Are these the same class?
  • My husband has 3 girls from a previous marriage (joint custody) and I have one son from a previous marriage. We moved into my 1800 sq.ft. home with 3 bedrooms as it is affordable for us without straining and comfortable as we see it. My son is in one room and the girls have the second bedroom with a bunk bed with a third trundle bed so each is able to sleep alone. However, thier mother is arguing that we don't have enough space for them and they aren't allowed to share a room. Is there a law or any grounds to this? Is our living arrangement acceptable?
  • I have just finished a 1 year lease at my current apartment community on November 25th. It's now December 16th and I must break my lease due to family emergency and no financial resources available. Is there anyway I can retrack my lease since the new lease has been in effect for less than 30 days?
  • I have perm. legal guardianship of a child and the mother is wanting visitation. Due to a recent event I feel it is no longer safe to allow unsupervised visitation. Is there a way to get her supervised visitation? Is there community programs to help with this or does this have to be filed through the courts?
  • We signed a 2 yr extended lease with the original property mngmnt. Since the extension, they have sold the property. The new mngmnt is not responsive to repairs. My dishwasher has now been out for 3 weeks, & they say that's the best they can do. Also, a barrier wall is breaking due to our neighbors tree and cynder blocks are falling into our yard. We have 2 dogs and 2 children I am afraid will get hurt. I have the area blocked off, and the mngmnt says they cannot fix this. I am at my wits end and am not sure what steps I need to take to either demand repairs or terminate th lease.
  • I want to file a Civil Action Lawsuit against my former employer for unpaid wages. I'm owed $1323.00. Can I do this on my own or do I need an attorney?


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program