Domestic Violence

questions & answers

Question: how can i get an orders of protection against someone with no police report?


Please see the articles Things You Should Know about Protective Orders and Domestic Violence Survivor's Guide.

Here is an excerpt from "Domestic Violence Survivor's Guide":

How do I get a court order?

You can go to any city court, justice court or superior court and get a packet of instructions and forms that contain the Petition, a blank Order and a blank Certificate of Service of Process form. Follow the instruction and fill out the sections of the Petition and the Order that ask you why you want the Order and what relief you want. Be as detailed as possible when you fill out the forms, making sure you have the following information if possible:  

  • your address and phone number (or ask to keep it confidential)
  • your employer's address and phone number
  • the name of your child(ren)'s school(s) and the addresses and phone number(s) (only if included on Order)
  • other addresses you want the other person to stay away from
  • the other person's address, phone number, employer, and a description of that person
  • any papers showing past civil or criminal court actions against that person
  • any old orders against that person
  • a list of the things that person has done be specific; include dates, if you called the police or had to go to the doctor or hospital. Bring any police reports, medical records, etc. ormation about your financial situation. Bring old pay checks, bank statements, or anything showing that you get ( government assistance (this is necessary to determine if you qualify for a waiver and/or deferral of fees).

If the person against whom you are seeking the Order of Protection does not know your address or telephone number, you do not need to list it!


  • how can i get an orders of protection against someone with no police report?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.