questions & answers
Question: What are the qualifications for Section 8 housing?
Information on Section 8 housing can be found at the Arizona Department of Housing.
There are two types of section 8, Housing Choice Voucher Program and Project-Based Rental Assistance.
Project-Based Rental Assistance is the most common. Generally to qualify you need to meet the following:
- Annual income may not exceed the applicable income limit
- Unit must be the household’s only residence
- Must disclose Social Security number for all household members age 6 and up
- Unit size standards. Family has to meet size requirements to qualify for multiple bedrooms
- Specific eligibility criteria for project i.e., elderly, disabled
- Documentation of citizenship or eligible immigration status
For more information please visit the Arizona Department of Housing website.
What are the qualifications for Section 8 housing?
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program