questions & answers
Question: if my birth certificate only has my last name do i still have to pay to change my name?
Answer: In order to legally change your name you must prepare three documents:
1. Petition for Change of Name (also called an Application for Change of Name);
2. an Order of Name Change; and
3. a Notice of Hearing Regarding Application for Name Change.
These forms can be found on the Internet at the Self Service Center of the Maricopa County Superior Court , or in person at your county superior court. The name change forms were prepared for use in Maricopa County but can be used in other Arizona counties if you change "Maricopa" to your county name in the pleadings. Make sure you fill out the papers completely and that they are legible. Along with the forms, you can obtain a complete set of instructions for filing the petition.
if my birth certificate only has my last name do i still have to pay to change my name?
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program