questions & answers
Question: Can i be emancipated if i dont have a legitimate job, but earn money every week?
Answer: In Arizona it is legal for minors to petition for emancipation if all of the following apply
• The minor is at least 16 years of age
• The minor is a resident of this state
• The minor is financially self-sufficient
• The minor acknowledges in writing that the minor has read and understands information that is provided by the court and that explains the rights and obligations of an emancipated minor and the potential risks and consequences of emancipation.
• The minor is not a ward of the court and is not in the care, custody and control of a state agency. Your specific question refers to the third bullet point from the above list. When petitioning for emancipation, the courts will consider your financial situation and whether you are independent from your parents – proof of employment or other means of support, including housing and health care. For an in depth article detailing your obligations and rights as an emancipated minor, please visit this website: http://lawforkids.org/laws/emancipation. For information regarding the emancipation process, please visit AZcourts.gov
Can i be emancipated if i dont have a legitimate job, but earn money every week?
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program