Food Stamps, Cash Assistance

Articles and Info

Where to Find an Attorney for Specific Legal Advice

 All legal service programs in Arizona differ, and their criteria for accepting cases vary as well. Find out what programs are available and where to go for assistance.

Nutrition Support Services and Food Stamps

There are many food service support resources in your community. Find out more information about where you can go to get hot meals, food stamps and emergency assistance in your area.

Jobs Program For People Who Receive Cash Assistance

Jobs is a Department of Economic Security (DES) program designed to help persons who receive cash assistance prepare for and find a job. Most adult and teen parents who receive cash assistance must work with Jobs to keep getting cash.

by: Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.

Read more

The Food Stamp and Cash Assistance Program: Overpayments

If DES gives you too much money or too many food stamps, it is called an overpayment. Even if it is not your fault that you were overpaid, DES may still collect the overpayment from you.

by: Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc.

Read more

The Food Stamp Program: Income and Deductions

To qualify for food stamps, you must have less income than the food stamp income limits. Some income does not count.

The Cash Assistance Program and Child Support

There are many children who are not getting support from both parents. If you are not getting child support for your children, this article may give you information that will help you.

Related Questions

Question: What does DES stand for?
Read Answer »

Question: I don't have my case # so how do I use my food stamp card
Read Answer »

Question: I just moved from Florida and had benefits with them. Am I eligible for benefits in Arizona even though my Florida benefits have not been closed yet?
Read Answer »

Question: hi I have question for you how much we have to make yearly to get food stamp and medicate
Read Answer »

Question: I have been paying an overpayment fee each month for the past sveral years which has totaled over $1000. The original reason was proven to be invalid and nothing has ever been adjusted. The reason was because for one 6 month period somehow it was reported that a felony conviction was in my criminal record which was not reported on my app because it was not true.I have never had a felony conviction.This has been an issue I have been trying to correct since it's started and nothing has been done.Please assist me with this issue.
Read Answer »

Show All



  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program