Articles and Info

Where to Find an Attorney for Specific Legal Advice

 All legal service programs in Arizona differ, and their criteria for accepting cases vary as well. Find out what programs are available and where to go for assistance.


Evictions happen quickly; find out what an eviction action is, how it is started and what you can and cannot do about it before the court is involved.

Related Questions

Question: I am not on the lease but renting a room from the lease holder she contracted the Covid 19 virus is passing away and now the landlord wants me to vacate the property my rent has been paid to the lease holder for next month. what can I do?
Read Answer »

Question: In early February, my spouse and I received a Notice of Non-Renewal of Lease without reason. We were given until March 31st to turn in the keys & pay March's rent. Our uniy has many health and safety issues which the property management company continues to ignore. This may or may not be as the repairs cannot be done if we still occupy the unit.We could not make the rent for March. With no option to stay, finding a new one with the money to put down was crucial. My spouse works an 'Essential' job in unsanitary conditions-in fear of contracting covid-19. Can we defend more time when its safe?
Read Answer »

Question: Had building inspected privately and my unit had black mold. Myself and toddler became sick. They never fixed it. Made it worse by having us live in an unsuitable and unsafe living environment for about 2 weeks. There was water dripping from the open ceiling. They placed a large plastic cover over my bed with an extension chord that was lying over my bed hanging out window and left it. I have a toddler. Rain + Water and an open window! LEFT THE EXTENSION CHORD OUT THE WINDOW not smart. Wasn't fixed in 3 weeks so so I moved and they placed an eviction on my record. Need advice
Read Answer »

Question: During the 14 day period after my eviction, while i was in process of moving my property, the landlord kept coming in unannounced as i would leave to take stuff to storage. Now i have missing items. Can i report to police?
Read Answer »

Question: I’m trying to give my landlady my 30 day notice as well as my last months rent. I’ve tried going to her office when she didn’t come to the door I tried calling her and left a voicemail. Finally I’ve sent her a text as well as a photo of my written notice and I’ve had no response. Since I have proof of trying to contact her of my notice does it still count until I can get her the actual notice in person if she ever responds? I’m getting ready to move into my new place and I’m worried she might try to say she never received notice.
Read Answer »

Show All




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program