Child Abuse & Neglect

Articles and Info

Child Abandonment

What is Child Abandonment? Find out here.

Where to Find an Attorney for Specific Legal Advice

 All legal service programs in Arizona differ, and their criteria for accepting cases vary as well. Find out what programs are available and where to go for assistance.

Children Hurt Too

Children are in pain when Domestic Violence in is their lives. This Booklet gives information about how to help children deal with Domestic Violence.

by: Arizona Supreme Court, Court Services Division

Read more

Things You Should Know about Protective Orders

When you are in a relationship with someone who uses threats, harasses, molests, stalks, attacks, batters or strikes you, your family or your children, that person is committing Domestic Violence. You are not alone.

by: Arizona Supreme Court, Court Services Division

Read more

Related Questions

Question: How can I prove child abandonment from my baby’s father in order to get sole custody? He does not help out in any way financially or physical care of the child, does not even ask about him so how would I go about proving that?
Read Answer »

Question: I have a daughter with someone who has chosen drugs over her, there's been times where he did come to my house to visit her but during the visitation I realized he was still using even though he claimed he had been sober for the 2 months that my daughter had been born. Ever since then, he never really tried to get in touch with me to see her and she's now going to be a year old and I want to sever his rights. How would I go about doing this?
Read Answer »

Question: I am currently caring for a 14 month old who isn't blood related at all. He has lived with me for over 9 months now and his mom left him at a friend's cuz she had been involed in an incident where cops were coming for her and she ran. She currently hS a warrent and is still on the run but has only asked about her son a handful of times and has not seen him since she left him that day in his stroller behind the house alone. How do i go about getting rights to this little one as he is already calling me mom im the only thing he has known it would kill both of us to let her just take
Read Answer »

Question: I have three daughters 7,5 and 2 they was born in AZ. Me and the mother of my kids split up 2 years ago and I moved back home to WV last year. Since then I’ve been trying to talk/see(FaceTime) the kids and she has ignored me 95% of the time. I do pay her monthly($500-$700). Now when I don’t pay her daily for her drug use, she wants to file for abandonment on me. Can she do that?
Read Answer »

Question: My 4 year old daughters Father and I have joint custody but since she was 1 year and 6 months he only asks for her every 6-8 months. Is this a form of child neglect? Would asking to sign over his rights as a parent be the next step?
Read Answer »

Show All




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program