Articles and Info

Where to Find an Attorney for Specific Legal Advice

 All legal service programs in Arizona differ, and their criteria for accepting cases vary as well. Find out what programs are available and where to go for assistance.

Related Questions

Question: I am paying back child support for a adult child who is not mine. However paternity was never established. The mother has admitted i am not the child's father, and its clear i am not. However the adult child refuses to take a dna test so i can stop paying child support, Do i have any rights in this case? Every year they take my entire tax refund, i make weekly payments. I have a family and two children who are mine that i am supporting. i need help.
Read Answer »

Question: My husband will still be in prison when our child is born, do I need to have him sign the birth certificate from prison or can I just list him as the father as we are married?
Read Answer »

Question: I have signed the birth certificate and acknowledgement of paternity. Now i did a at home DNA test and find out the kids is not mine and i am paying child support. the kid is 2 years old how can i remove my name from the birth certificate? The mom is not collaborating.
Read Answer »

Question: Can i file for a petition for paternity if the child isn’t born yet? If not when is the soonest i can?
Read Answer »

Question: My fiancee moved to Wisconsin (where we currently reside) three years ago. Shortly after arriving here, his ex girlfriend in Tuscon claimed she was pregnant with his child. She wanted him to pay child support that she decided without him signing the birth certificate and without a paternity test. He desperately wants to see if she is the father but she refuses to participate. Is there any legal way to force her to cooperate? Is he legally obligated to pay child support without being on the birth certificate if it is her fault he is not able to see the child?
Read Answer »

Show All



  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program