questions & answers
Question: Is it against the law for my creditor (car dealership)to contstanly contact me at work even after I have verbally requested them not to? What can I do to protect my employment as them constanly calling may jeopordize my employment?
Please review our article on Fair Debt Collection.
That article states that when debt collectors contact you:
- They must not call you at a time or place they know or should know to be inconvenient for you. Unless you tell them otherwise, they must call you between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. at your local time.
- If they know you have a lawyer representing you regarding the debt they are collecting, they must contact your lawyer and not contact you directly.
- They must not call you at work if they know or have reason to know that your employer does not allow this. If you are called at work, tell the collector, or have your boss tell them, they must not call you at work again. Then, if they do, simply refuse to speak to them. Also, keep a record of calls made by a collector after they have been told not to call at work.
- They must not communicate with you by postcard.
Is it against the law for my creditor (car dealership)to contstanly contact me at work even after I have verbally requested them not to? What can I do to protect my employment as them constanly calling may jeopordize my employment?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program
Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.