Landlord and Tenant - Mobile Home Parks

questions & answers

Question: I would like to serve a five day pay or quit from to tenant but don know how to fill out form?

Answer: The following information can also be found at with a link to the forms required. 

The Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Act applies to a lease for an apartment, a house or a mobile home. A.R.S. §§ 33-1301 - 33-1377. If the lease is for a space in a mobile home park, then a different set of laws apply. A.R.S. §§ 33-1401 - 33-1501.

Eviction cases are governed by the Arizona Rules of Procedure for Eviction Actions.

More information on Eviction Actions and your rights under the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act.

Eviction Actions

General Information
Under Arizona law, some things are illegal to put into a lease. For example, a landlord cannot let someone live somewhere rent free in return for not maintaining the property. A.R.S. § 33-1316. A landlord also cannot refuse to rent a place to someone because they have children. A.R.S. § 33-1317. A landlord is also required to register the property with the county assessor and list the property owner’s name, address and telephone number. A.R.S. § 33-1902.

A tenant must pay the rent and must pay that rent on time. If a tenant does not pay the rent, the landlord will likely start an eviction action. There is no provision in Arizona law that allows a tenant to withhold rent because the landlord is being disagreeable or because a landlord broke oral promises to a tenant. Except as is explained below, a tenant may not withhold rent.

Tenant Obligations
In addition to the obligation to pay rent on time, a tenant must do the following under Arizona law.
A.R.S. §§ 33-1341 & 33-1344.

  • Keep the residence clean and safe
  • Remove and dispose of trash
  • Keep all plumbing fixtures clean
  • Use electrical appliances, heating and air-conditioning systems and plumbing in a reasonable manner
  • Not damage the property or allow someone else to do so
  • Unless agreed otherwise, use the property only as a residence



  • I would like to serve a five day pay or quit from to tenant but don know how to fill out form?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.