questions & answers
Question: Is a residential landlord required to pay for expenses relating to bug sprays and/or professional services to spray for excessive ants?
A.R.S. Title 33 Chapter 10 Article 2 States a Landlord is Responsible for the following:
- Keep the residence clean and safe
- Remove and dispose of trash
- Keep all plumbing fixtures clean
- Use electrical appliances, heating and air-conditioning systems and plumbing in a reasonable manner
- Not deliberately or negligently damage the property or allow somone else to do so
- Unelss agreed otherwise, use the property only as a residence
Unless otherwise stated in your lease, the Landlord is most likely not responsible to provide reimbursement for pest or insect control. You may want to take a look at your leasing contract, or contact an attorney to get advice for your specific situation.
Is a residential landlord required to pay for expenses relating to bug sprays and/or professional services to spray for excessive ants?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program
Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.