questions & answers
Question: I have a service dog and I am being harassed by the hoa a indivial lady and mt landlord.i received permission in advance for my dog
Answer: According to ARS 11-1024: “Any person or entity that operates a public place shall not discriminate against individuals with disabilities who use service animals if the work or tasks performed by the service animal are directly related to the individual's disability. Work or tasks include assisting individuals who are blind or have low vision with navigation and other tasks, alerting individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing to the presence of people or sounds, providing nonviolent protection or rescue work, pulling a wheelchair, assisting an individual during a seizure, alerting individuals to the presence of allergens, retrieving items such as medicine or the telephone, providing physical support and assistance with balance and stability to individuals with mobility disabilities and helping individuals with psychiatric and neurological disabilities by preventing or interrupting impulsive or destructive behaviors. The crime deterrent effects of an animal's presence and the provision of emotional support, well-being, comfort or companionship do not constitute work or tasks.” It is not considered discriminatory if:
• The animal poses a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
• The animal fundamentally alters the nature of the public place or the goods, services or activities provided.
• The animal poses an undue burden. For the full statute regarding Service Animals please visit: http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/11/01024.htm
I have a service dog and I am being harassed by the hoa a indivial lady and mt landlord.i received permission in advance for my dog
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program