questions & answers
Question: 12 weeks in a 12 month period- does the 12 month period begin on your hire date? If you took 12 weeks, when would you be eligible to use FMLA again?
Answer: Here is a link to the labor laws in Arizona regarding FMLA https://az.db101.org/az/situations/workandbenefits/rights/program2b.htm.
Who Is Eligible?
To be eligible for FMLA benefits, you must:
- Work for an employer to whom the FMLA applies
- Have been employed by the employer for at least 12 months (1 year)
- Have worked for at least 1,250 hours during the 12-month period right before the start of the leave
- Be employed at a worksite where 50 or more employees are employed by the employer within 75 miles of that worksite
12 weeks in a 12 month period- does the 12 month period begin on your hire date? If you took 12 weeks, when would you be eligible to use FMLA again?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program