questions & answers
Question: Do I qualify for FMLA if I am struggling with a child custody in another county and I need to be out of work for an extended time?
If you are a "covered employee" under the FMLA, you can take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave in any 12 month period for the following three reasons:
- To recover from your own serious health condition that prevents you from performing the functions of your job.
- To care for a child, spouse, or parent with a serious health condition;
- To give birth or adopt a child. Both mothers and fathers can take leave for the birth, adoption, and care of a new child (29 U.S.C. 2612(a)(1));
Do I qualify for FMLA if I am struggling with a child custody in another county and I need to be out of work for an extended time?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program