questions & answers
Question: I was charged with 13-3405A1/possession, and 13-3415A/paraphernalia. I moved to AZ a couple months ago, and have a valid Medical Marijuana card from CA. What am I looking at, as far penalties? Would it help my case to immediately get my AZ Medical Marijuana card?
According to valid medical cards from California fall under the reciprocity agreement, which says that Arizona recognize California's medical marijuana card and as long as the card does not violated the laws established in Arizona.
1. The individual who possesses the card has a physician written certificate
2. The marijuana is obtained from a non-dispensary
3. The marijuana is used to treated one of the designated medical conditions
4. Employer cannot discriminate unless their licensure or revenue would be affected and as long as the cardholder is not using the marijuana during company time.
5. The amount approved is 2.5 oz. usable or 0-12 plants
Violation of these statutes is a class 6 felony. Arizona's proposition 203 was passed in 2010 the Medical Marijuana stipulation centers around the outline rules for possessing the card.
The possible penalties for this crime will be dependent on the judge, prior criminal history, and addition to what the original charges. It could be fines, jail time, community service, a combination of things or completely dismissed. You may want to speak with an attorney regarding your case.
I was charged with 13-3405A1/possession, and 13-3415A/paraphernalia. I moved to AZ a couple months ago, and have a valid Medical Marijuana card from CA. What am I looking at, as far penalties? Would it help my case to immediately get my AZ Medical Marijuana card?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program