Other Family Issues

questions & answers

Question: I own a mobile home and my boyfriend lives with me. Can I evict him for domestic violence?

Answer: If you feel you are in danger call 911. In addition, The Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence can be contacted at 1800-782-6400 or (602) 279-2900. In addition the flowing domestic violence resource guide may be of assistance. (http://www.azlawhelp.org/documents/09%20DV%20Resource%20Booklet1.pdf). Additional about domestic violence can be obtained at (http://www.azcourts.gov/domesticviolencelaw/Home.aspx). The following phone numbers can be of help as well Community Legal Services (800) 852-9075 covers Maricopa, Mohave, Yavapai, Yuma and LaPaz Counties. Southern Arizona Legal Aid (800) 640-9465 covers Southern Arizona. DNA People’s Legal Services (800) 789-7287 covers Northern Arizona. With regards to eviction, the land lord tenant act provides protections for tenants qualify under the statues provisions to sever their lease when they are a victim of domestic violence. Since the property is owned and lived in by the property owner, and the person potentially being evicted lives with the property owner and is presumably not a tenant, protections of the landlord tenant act towards tenants may not apply. An attorney should be consulted for a more case specific analysis. Individuals faced with domestic violence can apply for free and reduced fee legal services through the Access to Justice Online Intake (http://www.azlawhelp.org/accessToJustice.cfm) , the link is also available on the top right of AZLawHelp under the “LegalLEARN” section. Individuals may also contact legal aid directly, however due to high call volume there may be long wait times on the phone and the phone system may disconnect calls when overwhelmed. To find the legal aid agency serving a particular county in Arizona, select the desired county in the drop-down under the section titled “FIND FREE LEGAL HELP” on the right column of AZLawHelp.


  • I own a mobile home and my boyfriend lives with me. Can I evict him for domestic violence?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.