questions & answers
Question: what paper work do i need to give someone gaurdianship
Assuming you are asking how to appoint someone as guardian for your minor child, the following information may be helpful. There are links at the bottom of this response to court forms and instructions for appointment of a guardian in Arizona. If your county is not listed below, it is recommended that you review the links anyway. The process in your county should be similar. You should then contact your local superior court to find out what forms are required.
(1) General Procedure for Starting a Guardianship for a Minor:
- Generally, if a person wishes to be appointed as a guardian of a minor and the parent(s) agree to that appointment, the person seeking appointment files the following documents with the Court:
- Court Cover Sheet
- Petition for Appointment as Guardian for a Minor
- Affidavit of Person to Be Appointed
- Consent of Parent to Guardianship
- After these forms are filed, the "proposed guardian" requests a hearing date from the court. (There is typically a form to do so).
- After a hearing date has been scheduled, the proposed guardian is required to provide notice of the hearing to all interested parties.
- Additionally, if the proposed guardian is not related by blood to the minor child, then prior to the hearing the proposed guardian is required to submit to "fingerprinting" so that a criminal background check may be performed. (ARS § 14-5206). Usually, the local sheriff's department can perform the fingerprinting service.
(2) Forms and Instructions:
Here are links to instructions and forms:
- Initial Paperwork (Petition, Affidavit, Consent, Fingerprinting, Requesting a Hearing):
- Giving Notice of the Hearing:
- Preparing for the Hearing:
- What to do after the Hearing:
what paper work do i need to give someone gaurdianship
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program
Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.