questions & answers
Question: I have guardianship of my two stepchildren and I just moved to Arizona will I be able to apply for any kind of assistance
Here is a link to Arizona Department of Economic Security (https://des.az.gov/services/basic-needs/financial-support/cash-assistance/frequently-asked-questions-cash-assistance), which lists the answers to your question.
Here are answers listed on that site:
· Dependent children under age 19. A child who is 18 must be a full-time high school or vocational school student who is expected to graduate before turning 19.
· Parents with dependent children who are in their care.
· Specified relatives (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) with dependent children under age 19 who are in their care (Kinship Care).
· Parents of a child who receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
· Individuals in the Kinship Foster Care Program. Participants in this program are referred by the Department of Child Safety, which shares information with the Family Assistance Administration (FAA) to expedite an eligibility determination.
· Must be a resident of the state of Arizona.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or Qualified Noncitizen.
· The head-of-household or their spouse may receive no more than 24 months of cash benefits paid in the Arizona CA program, for themselves or on behalf of a child, except in cases of hardship.
Overall, this website will help answer all your questions regarding this process and will list the contact information for any questions not addressed on the site.
I have guardianship of my two stepchildren and I just moved to Arizona will I be able to apply for any kind of assistance
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program