Child Abuse & Neglect

questions & answers

Question: Where do I go to get a lawyer to represent me in a child custody/abuse case?


The following is provided for general information only. To find out how the law applies to a specific situation, contact an attorney directly.

Attorneys can be found at the State Bar of Arizona website, under Find A Lawyer - Advanced Search  type in the area of law, for example "Family Law" and zip code.  The Maricopa County Bar has a referral service number 602-257-4434, as does the Pima County Bar, number 520-623-4625, if a residing in either county. Another option is the  LegalLEARN contact center, number (866) 637-5341. The LegalLEARN number has automated information as well as an option to connect to an operator if available between 10am-12pm or 1pm-3pm weekdays.  Also, under the AZLAWHELP Legal Assistance Tab, on the bottom right corner there is a drop-down menu under "Find Free Legal Help", to select a county and search legal aid providers.  There are also self help resources available with the the various county superior courts, some are documents available on the various county courts' websites as well as the Supreme Court's website.  The Supreme Court website also has a Court Locator to find a Suprerior Court in a specific county.  If there is ongoing issues of domestic violence or abuse the Arizona Coalition Against Domestic Violence may be able to help.  Issues of abuse are also investigated by the police, if someone is in danger call 911.


  • Where do I go to get a lawyer to represent me in a child custody/abuse case?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.