questions & answers
Question: I am an immigrant on a work visa. I got married to a US citizen a month ago. He abuses me physically and emotionally.I am scared about deportation, if I take any legal action.
If a person is in danger of being harmed physically, they should call 911 right away. Some resources are listed below:
1. Phoenix Rescue Mission 1801 South 35th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 85009 602-233-3000 or 602-346-3332
2. Umom Family Shelter 3320 East Van Buren Street Phoenix, Arizona 602-275-4533
3. Nova Safe Haven 210 South 12th Ave Phoenix, Arizona 602-528-0758
4. Our Family 3830 East Bellevue Street Tucson, Arizona 85716 520-323-1708
If detailed legal advice is needed, please visit our website for legal aid options.
I am an immigrant on a work visa. I got married to a US citizen a month ago. He abuses me physically and emotionally.I am scared about deportation, if I take any legal action.
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program