Child Support

questions & answers

Question: What if child support is not being paid? What action or recourse do I have?


The following is provided for general information only. To find out how the law applies to a specific situation, contact an attorney directly. The Arizona Courts have created a list of options you may take to enforce child support payments on their website.  After the child support amount has been ordered by the court, payments must be made on a monthly basis and paid on time as specified in the child support order. If payments are not made on time, a variety of actions can be taken against the non-paying parent, including: court action which could result in incarceration (jail time), liens on personal and real property and motor vehicles, license suspension (drivers, professional, recreational), tax refund intercepts (both state and federal), bank account seizure, passport denial, credit bureau reporting, lottery winning intercept, unemployment Insurance benefit intercept, or worker’s compensation intercept.
To collect the unpaid child support amounts, you may: retain an attorney to represent you in court, represent yourself in court, or ask the Division of Child Support Enforcement to enforce the child support case. The Division of Child Support Enforcement is the only entity that can perform some of the actions above. If you represent yourself in court or hire an attorney to represent you, but do not have a case with the Division of Child Support Enforcement, those enforcement options will not be available to you.


  • What if child support is not being paid? What action or recourse do I have?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program


Generic versions of the drug Cialis, sold as tadalafil, now available from many manufacturers.