Child Custody

questions & answers

Question: Me and my wife are getting a divorce we have one kid together, we both have same equal rights but my wife is trying to take my son from me, she has no job no high school education, she's still an independent living with her parents who are on section A she can't even live there. Me on the other hand I have a job as a local truck driver I have a place and support my son and buy him everything she does not how can I get full custody I love my son and I want the best for him she has criminal and medical history I am cleanot and healthy how can I get what's best for my son.

Answer: You may want to at least talk to a lawyer to figure out your best course of action.  There are 3 programs in Arizona that you can use to get some inexpensive legal advice and guidance.  One is the Modest Means Program.  For a $75.00 fee, the Modest Means Program will arrange a one hour consult with an experienced attorney.  The telephone number is (866) 637-5341. Both the Maricopa County Bar Association and the Pima County Bar Association have lawyer referral services that offer a 30 minute consult with an experienced attorney.  Maricopa County's Lawyer Referral Service offers a 30 minute consultation for a fee of $40.00. The telephone number is (602) 257-4434.  Pima County's Lawyer Referral Service offers a 30 minute consultation for a fee of $35.00.  The telephone number is (520) 623-4625.  If you are determined to handle this completely on your own, you can find forms and instructions on the court's website. 


  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program