DNA- People's Legal Services - Fort Defiance Profile

DNA has 9 offices in 3 states. They provide general civil legal assistance to low income individuals living on or near the reservations they serve and low income individuals living in Coconino, Apache and Navajo Counties (Arizona) or San Juan County (New Mexico). Most clients must meet income and asset guidelines established by the Legal Services Corporation (LSC).

P.O. Box 306 (office next to Fina Gas Station)
Window Rock, AZ 86515
Phone: 928.871.4151Toll Free: 800.789.5824
Toll Free: 800.789.5824
Fax: 928.871.5036
Website: http://www.nativelegalnet.org


  • what can i do to az landlord who raised rent in retaliation to my tenancy
  • I only have. A released az prison id n a temporary az paper id .will that work to get my birth certificate.
  • I am 18 years old and my little sister (age 8) is currently in a CPS case. It looks as if my mother will lose, but the woman that wants to take my little sister is not a good woman. Is there a way that I can adopt my sister? I have a very steady job as a nanny, so I could have her with me at work. I live in a good apartment. I have all the means necessary to raise a child. Is there any way that it is possible?
  • I was told I had to pay a "holding deposit" of $600 & sign a lease for a property that I needed to rent but was unable to do a walk thru in because the existing tenants were still occupying the property. I was told I could cancel at any time prior to my move in date 8/5/13; I cancelled on 7/20/13 & am being told I will not get any of my deposit back. What can I do?
  • what type of rights do grandparents have if the grandkids have lived with their parents all their life and the grandparents have seen them all their life?
  • I have sole legal decision making of my daughter and I was planning on filing for an out of state move. My ex gets out daughter on the weekends and after missing last weekend, she informs my that see will be in Chicago for a month maybe longer for a family tragedy. Now whether or not if that is true does that change the way that I file or will I have to wait for her to come back whenever that maybe.
  • If i get amincipated do i lose all my benefits with cps?
  • what is C01781875 violation mean
  • I rent a apartment that has utility's included. Summer has hit and we have access to change or apartment temperature. It has been 92 degrees in my apartment. And have asked if can turn it down. They want to comply and now want evict me. Lost for words. How can this be.im up on my rent never missed a payment. What do do.
  • i currently live in a mobile home with my 3 children. I had a water leak in my kitchen that got repaired for outside, now the inside of my home smells like mold, and my bathroom floor is caving in. I have sent numerous of work orders and nothing has been completed. Do I have the right to withhold rent until damages are fixed?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program