Southwest Community Services - The Division of Disabled Persons Profile

Serving Arizona and the New Mexico area with programs designed specifically to meet the communication, accessibility and cultural needs of Deaf, Deafblind and Hard of Hearing persons. Services include; counseling, job training, job placement, translation/interpreting services, case management and other requested service programs. The Community Living program offers 24 hour assisted living options enabling persons with a physical disability to obtain a "home" based on his/her needs and choice.

268 W. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85705
Phone: 520.792.1906
Fax: 520.770.8544


  • I cohabitated with my domestic partner (DP) age 54 for 16 years.  To our friends and co-workers, we were a married couple.  Then, five years ago, my DP started a sexual relationship with a female co-worker, age 28.  The affair took on a whole new situation four years ago when she gave birth to a baby girl.  When teh baby was approximately six months old, I wanted to meet the child because my DP and I had remained together.  As it turned out, I fell in love with her as the months and years rolled by and, for the most part, my DP, the child, and I were a happy family on visiting days.  Nine weeks ago, he moved with her.  Can I ask for vistation in court?

  • the owner of my residence is selling the property and my lease is up march 31 2013. I was advised by owner I could rent month to month until the property is sold. How long do i have to move out after sold
  • We just rcvd ltr stating that our lease will not be renewed and we will have to move by end of April, 2020. The problem with that is COVID-19 and we also have four children under the age of eight with one child being on the learning spectrum. It is a very difficult time now during this pandemic to try to find another place to live, obtaining a moving company and just the stress of it all. We would still be able to pay our rent, so that isn't the problem, but do we have any rights as renters as we are renting a house not apartment at this time?
  • Current Parenting time/custody that is filed with the court from 2006 is 50/50. My ex moved to CA 4 years ago and my son went with him so at the time we did a document stating my son would live in CA and my ex would have custody of him.(this document was not filed with the courts) My ex has moved back to AZ and my son wants to go back to the original parenting plan and custody arrangement. My ex wont let him and states that the notarized document states he has full custody and only can see me every other weekend. Is this notarized document legal or is he illegally withholding my son from me?
  • Who decides the division of the assets and debts? Persons of the marriage or their attorneys?
  • how to evict an adult child
  • What should you do if you have lost your job and cannot afford to pay child support?
  • One of my friends is 17 (18 in less than a month) and is graduating. She used to live with her mother in Georgia, and was promised a better life, but when she came out here, her father forced her to watch her little sister and brother. Her brother is autistic, and she can't keep watching him. Is there any way she can get out of this legally? Her schooling and her career are both suffering.
  • Whatwhat are the laws on RAW SEWAGE coming from a pipe that is about 1/2 foot above ground ,that is 15 ft from my front door.
  • If the father is not listed on the birth certificate can you stillget chils support


  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program