Arizona Secretary Of State Profile

The Arizona Secretary of State's office handles many services including: recording business transactions, ensuring secure elections and hosts the Address Confidentiality Program.

1700 W Washington St
Fl 7
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2808
Phone: (602) 542-4285
Toll Free: 1-800-458-5842


  • My ex-boyfriend has three different jobs. One of them is a firefighter job where he works at strait 36 hour shift so he’s free the majority of the week to work another full-time job. He also works another side job once a week. Because of him working 6, 10 hour plus shifts a week, amongst other issues with him I get little to no help with our infant daughter. This has drastically decreased the hours I can work and my income. He is telling me that legally he will only have to pay me child support from one of his jobs only and not all of them. Is this true?
  • Where can I go in Yuma to get an absessed tooth pulled under AHCCS?
  • I am looking for a place to live in Flagstaff. I put an ad on Facebook and was contacted by a woman with a room for rent. I told her I was a freshman in college. I then set an appointment with her to veiw the house. I saw the room and told her I would take it. She said she would talk with her sister then asked me if a specific day would work to sign the lease. She contacted me several days later and told me that her other tenants where uncomfortable with me being 18 and refused to rent to me. She knew I was under 21 before I saw the room. Is it legal to deny me tenancy based on age?
  • My husband left and took all furniture and appliances/electronics. Long story short, the only things he left me are all the household/child expenses. He left over a month ago and has not helped or contacted me. We own a home and there is a joint tenancy deed between my mom, me, and my husband. What is the difference between a joint tenancy deed and community property?
  • I'm looking for some guidance regarding the AZ Real Estate Recovery Fund. I submitted a claim against the fund some time ago but it was denied for multiple reasons, all of which were inaccurate. I'd like some advice from somebody with experience with getting reimbursement from the fund. The basis of my claim is the fact that my property manager embezzled security deposits and when his scam ran its course, he committed suicide. The fund is clearly setup to help those who have been a victim of real estate fraud, but the commissioner weaseled her way out of my claim on technicalities.
  • I have had my grand daughter since september 2015 and now her mom is wanting her back in June, how do I go about getting guardianship of my grand daughter, my daughter does not live in this state and at the moment she is living with friends, she also has 4 other kids who are constantly being taken out of school and moved around at the moment none of the kids are in school, I really don't want to send her back, she is autistic with other disabilities and is doing good here although we have our moments and she is in counseling, I don't even know if I even have a chance to gain guardianship.
  • Is there anything that can be done if a tenant uses water excesively?
  • I signed my lease when I was 17 years old and I turned 18 a month later. I signed with no co-signer and I was wondering if it is possible for me to void my lease because I initially signed when I was 17 but I'm 18 now.
  • my mother bought me a car and had the bill of sale and title made out to me. now that im moving shes saying i cant register and insure the car until i do good in her eyes. she put the title and bill of sale in her safe so i cant get it. Can she do that? What do i do t get it?


  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program