Community Legal Services - Yavapai County Profile

Community Legal Services provides high quality civil legal services to applicants whose income is near poverty level.

148 N Summit Ave
Prescott, AZ 86301
Phone: (928) 445-9240
Toll Free: (800) 233-5114 Eng. & Spanish 800.852.9075
Fax: (928) 445-6312


  • Right before I touched my teeth, I talked to the doctor and asked about my dental insurance coverage. The doctor got hold of the insurance and asked about the coverage himself. He was then told that all fillings and the dental procedures are covered 100% with no exceptions. Therefore, I should be paying nothing. I called my insurance, and was told that somehow some downgrades have been applied to the plan, and it's now my responsibility to pay the rest of the outstanding balances.
  • If you are not the landlord of some one who lives in the same home as you in the garage again I am not third landlord and this person doest pay the power bill it gets shut off I am forced to turn it on in my name and I told him he can pre pay me the 121st bill what his part would be or I would not turn on the power to the garage because I wasn't going to pay for him to use the power and not pay do I have that right?
  • Does a subpoena have to be signed by a judge to be legally binding and does it have to allow a certain number of days to appear or comply?
  • What is required legally to teach children as a private individual. I am starting an art class for elementary age children from my home. Do I need a back ground check or finger print card legally?
  • Hello...I was served court documents about a credit card that was defaulted on. I paid my last 1000.00 to a service who was supposed to stop it I now received in The mail that they got a default judgement against me I need help
  • I am getting a divorce. How long must I be in Arizona before I am considered a resident?
  • What help is there to get my Dad in a nursing home with no cost to me?
  • Do I have to give a trailer park a DMV power of attorney for them to put the title of a trailer I paid for in my name?
  • I would like to know if I have any recourse for management abuse in the community that I live. The managers are sending threatening notices about speeding in the park and proceed to stop and watch me drive through the park whenever they see me. I was going the posted speed limit yesterday and the manager was yelling and gesturing to me to slow down. The abuse has got to stop. We are being targeted. I am sending a complaint letter to the company that owns the park, but I would like to know my legal recourse to file an official complaint with the state housing dept.
  • My ex husband notified me on Monday that he is planning to move to Irvine CA at the end of May. I cannot afford to hire a lawyer because I'm still paying for my most recent legal fees regarding visitation... I desperately need help because I only have 60 days. Of course, I do not want my son to move with his dad and stepmom. She is abusive (mean), and he would spend all of his time with her because his dad is rarely home.


  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • Age discrimination in the workplace. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program