Step Up to Justice Profile

Step Up to Justice is an award winning, full-service, free civil legal center for low-income individuals and families in Pima County, powered by the talents of volunteer attorneys.

320 N. Commerce Park Loop, Suite 100
Tucson, AZ 85745


  • our landlord knowingly knew pets would be on the premises since the beginning of our lease in november 2016 , our lease is set to end november 2017 and now that we are 4 months away from it ending the landlord is wanting to charge us pet deposits but didn't say anything about it from the beginning. is this valid or can this be fought?
  • I need legal representation in an Adult Guardianship and Conservatorship case for my 20 year old son who has Autism. I am very concerned about his health and welfare.
  • I have submitted to my employer documentation from my physician stating that I have a medical condition (sleep apnea) . I am constantly being written up for falling asleep at work, although this had not affected the quality if mt work. Does my employer have grounds to discharge me if it is a documented condition?
  • We requested our landlord hold our last month's rent (lease was not being renewed) and she agreed. We moved out early and returned the keys. Are we still the legal tenants of the home? She is refusing to allow us to use the driveway to park a vehicle.
  • Is a dealership under any legal obligation to disclose that a vehicle's manufacturers warranty has been voided?
  • when you get arrested in maricopa county when do you get to see a judge?
  • I have a 1 year lease to rent a house, in that lease was added that have the option to extend for 1 year with a 5% increase in rent. I tried to exercise my option at the end of the lease per the agremment but the landlord say he does not want to. They are offering to pay me to get out and I said that would be fine so I calculated my expense to make the move to other comparable accommodations. He refuse to pay the amount and says to to get out or we will go to litagation, . I feel he is in breach of contract. Id rather stay than collect what I feel is my costs to make the move.
  • When giving the landlord a written notice of something that needs to be repaired do they need to send it to
  • I was married to my ex husband for 11 years while he was in the military. He later retired from the military. Am I entitled to half of his pension? It was not noted on our divorce decree.
  • My daughter had a child out of wedlock. Her boyfriend is threatening to fight for custody. What are his rights and chances of acquiring custody? He is on the birth certificate.


  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program