Victim's Bill of Rights
Under the Arizona Constitution, Article 2, Sec. 2.1, victims are:
- to be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity;
- to be informed, upon request, when the accused/convicted person is released/escaped
- to be present at and to be informed of all criminal proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present;
- to be informed of victim's constitutional rights;
- to be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea, and sentencing;
- to a speedy trial and prompt and final conclusion of the case;
- to refuse an interview request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney;
- to confer with the prosecution;
- to read pre-sentence reports when they are available to the defendant;
- to ensure the protection of victim's rights;
- to receive prompt restitution;
- to be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release is being considered.
The Crime Victim's Rights for adult offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 13-4401 to 4439
The Crime Victim's Rights for juvenile offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 8-381 to 421
If you would like more information about Victim's Rights or you think your rights have been violated, you can contact the Arizona Office of the Attorney General Victim's Rights Enforcement Officer online .
I told a friend of mine to get a restraining order against her ex-boyfriend but she is too afraid to do so but I be able to get that order of protection against him for her
MY 20 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS AN ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND HE TRICKED HER INTO SELLING HER CAR . THE CAR WAS GREATLY UNDERSOLD . CAN I GET THIS CAR BACK? IS IT TOO LATE?
How long do you have to reply to a order of protection when it is served on you.
can i get an order of protection aganst my daughter
I was servd an order of protection from an exlover who i was in a long term gay relatinship with. since being served he has contacted me via e mail and phone several times. In addition he has visited me in my home, came over for intimate visits, etc. Is he legally allowed to do this being that he was he one who originated thee order?
My ex has an order of protection on me. I am also on probation because of our relationship issues. I have to report all her attempts to contact me to my p.o. She has sent many threats, msgs, and requests I contact her. I have filed a police report against her, and victim svcs has told her to stop, but she now uses my p.o.'s name in her msgs while advising me that there is nothing either vic svcs, my p.o., nor TPD can do beyond advising her not to contact me, but I will go to prison if I reply. How can I protect myself against her? I have reason to fear further action by her.
Do I have to renew an order of protection in the court that ordered it or can it be done through any justice court?
can a parent file a injunction against harassment against his daughters boyfriend if the daughter does not want it and if the boyfriend did not do anything
where can I obtain a copy of restraining order placed against me in Feb 2015 by my girlfriend/Phoenix Court? keeping me away from property as well as her?
Can someone take out a harassment order when no harassment has occurred?
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program