Victim's Bill of Rights
Under the Arizona Constitution, Article 2, Sec. 2.1, victims are:
- to be treated with fairness, respect, and dignity;
- to be informed, upon request, when the accused/convicted person is released/escaped
- to be present at and to be informed of all criminal proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present;
- to be informed of victim's constitutional rights;
- to be heard at any proceeding involving a post-arrest release decision, a negotiated plea, and sentencing;
- to a speedy trial and prompt and final conclusion of the case;
- to refuse an interview request by the defendant, the defendant's attorney;
- to confer with the prosecution;
- to read pre-sentence reports when they are available to the defendant;
- to ensure the protection of victim's rights;
- to receive prompt restitution;
- to be heard at any proceeding when any post-conviction release is being considered.
The Crime Victim's Rights for adult offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 13-4401 to 4439
The Crime Victim's Rights for juvenile offenses can be found at A.R.S. sections 8-381 to 421
If you would like more information about Victim's Rights or you think your rights have been violated, you can contact the Arizona Office of the Attorney General Victim's Rights Enforcement Officer online .
I was served with a protection order and had to leave my home. My girlfriend went by the house and noticed my roommate who had me served took my door off its hinges and stole my tools out of my room as well as the shed. What do I do?
I was contacted by the Sheriffs dept. and told an Order of Protection was served to me the past April. I was never served any documents or aware of this. How may I get a record (copy) of this service?
I was fired from my job for no reason. I was upset about when I spoke to my boss and called a co worker a bad word at my boss. Then, they filed a workplace harassment injunction on me. I filed a hearing. The judge threw out the false claims they made on me but had to keep the injunction on me because of the bad word I called the co worker when I was fired. I want this off my record without filing an appeal. How can I get this off my record?
I filed and received an Order Of Protection, including the exclusive rights to my house and property. That was around the 3rd of June. The Judge said they would serve it at no cost by that day or the very next day. They did not make it by on the same day. The next day everyone had to leave the house due to the house being chemically fumigated. So the Order was not served. I assumed they would return and they have not. Also the police have been back to the house since then due to the same reasons I acquired the Order. I told them about the Order and they made it seem like its not valid? Is that true?
well before my wife put a restrain order i cannot see ans i know i have to turn in any fires arms but i bought a katana online its on its so do i have to tirn that in too and is it even legal to have one on pheonix arizona?
My wife has a OOP against me,is filing for custody of our 3 yr old son that I have no parenting time for at least a year.Since marrying CPS has been contacted multiple times (by father) accusing us of providing an unsafe environment,once specifically that I was abusive and a seperate time that I punched and kicked her 10 yr old down the hall.All found unsubstantiated.The latest accusation is the worst.That I have touched my stepdaughter inappropriately.I am under investigation for the last two months.I am innocent.Can she do this?I am being treated as a criminal.Can I not get shared custody?
Was an orderof protectionserved properly thepolice cameto mydoormyfatheransrwedthedoormy dadcalledme tothe doorthedoorwasopen Irefusedpapers policeofficrs threw them into my dadshome Inever touched thepapers isitvalid?
My Roomate filled a protection order against me he lies about everything cops came and told me to leave I got 15 mins. Then I requested hearing date and court kept the protection order valid I need to get my furniture out of the apt what do I do ! Help me pls.
What if they have the last name wrong does it still stand
If someone puts an order of protection or a restraining order against me, it is good for 1 year from service. But how long after does it stay on my personal file.
- Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program