Other Family Issues Article

Services Offered by Arizona Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)

Both parties should be aware that they can apply from services from Arizona Department of Economic Security/ Division of Child Support Services (DCSS). DCSS can assist either party to establish, modify or enforce a child support order. The services provided by DCSS are either without cost or at a nominal cost (not exceeding $25.00 per year). The use of these services does not prevent wither parent from having an attorney represent them or filling their own court actions concerning support.

The services of DCSS can include:
  1. Reviewing the case for possible modification;
  2. Calculating the proper amount of arrears;
  3. Locating the address and current employer of the parent obligated to pay child support;
  4. Obtaining or withholding benefits from employer, Workers' Compensation and Unemployment Insurance;
  5. Seizure (intercept) of obligor's Federal and State income tax refunds, lottery prizes or banking accounts;
  6. Suspension or revocation of professional or occupational licenses (such as a contractor's licenses);
  7. Placing a lien for unpaid child support on real property, including homes and other real estate;
  8. Initiating cases to the child support agencies of other states to be enforced in the court of that state;
  9. Referral to the U. S, Attorney General's Office for criminal prosecution; and /or
  10. Reporting name of the obligor to the U.S. Secretary of State for passport denial.
To obtain further information about applying for DCSS services, go to any DCSS office, or contact:

DES Division of Child Support Services
P.O. Box 40458
Phoenix, AZ 85067
Customer Service: 602-252-4045
Toll-Free: 1-800-882-4151
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, Mountain Time

Attached Document
.pdf Services Offered by Arizona Department of Child Support Services (DCSS)



  • I cheated on my husband and now i'm pregnant. My husband & I are fixing things and decided we do not want a DNA test for father paternity. The person who I had an affair with was also with someone else- he preferred abortion to solve "the problem" I refused- he stood with his 10 long year girlfriend and did not tell her anything. 1 Month later & now he is interested because his girlfriend found out and will leave him only if they child is his. He did not want anything to do with this child i refuse to DNA unless ordered through court. Want to see if its possible for him to give up his rights.
  • cps took my kids because i tested positive for methamphetamines but i dont do that.i believe the test showed a false positive for medication that i have taken what can i do? what are my rights?
  • my daughter is 22, cannot find a job, does she qualify for any type of assistance
  • I have been divorced 3 years our my ex husband was supposed to give me half of our retirement money but right before signing he said he lost it in our divorce decree it says that he was supposed to pay the full amount within a year but has failed to do so, additionally we agreed that he would keep managing our children investment account and was supposed to provide me with quarterly statements but I found out he spent the money lastly he is behind a few months in alimony, would you recommend I hire a lawyer or could I file directly through the court
  • What can I do if my son turns 18 in July and does not want to listen to me and does not want to go to school or work?
  • My mother passed away in 2012, she will the family home to my 2 sisters and I. 1 sister signed off on estate not wanting any of it. My oldest sister moved her son and girlfriend into mothers house. My mother has a mortgage on home and I think my sister is wrong for keeping account open under my mothers name. She tells me to not worry about it. What can I do about it. I want to sell the home. Any help would be appreciated.
  • I would like to know if I leave my husband and my house with my baby because I am tired of him for always getting home from work and taking a shower and leaving the house and not coming back until 4am. He does not love me or spend and time with our baby at all. I left my house and he said that he was going to sue me with the (Child Protective Services) for abandoning the home. Can he do that? He also said that he will try to get full custody of our child, but he hardly takes care of her or spend any time with her. I want to divorse him but what can I do to legally leave my house?
  • In Arizona when can a legally married man(woman) be charged with rape of his/her spouse?
  • Who decides the division of the assets and debts? Persons of the marriage or their attorneys?
  • In state of Arizona can a 17 year old move out without parents permission?




  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program