Guardianship of Minor

Articles and Info

Selecting a Guardian for Your Minor Children

If you passed away unexpectedly who would care for your children? Learn more about selecting a guardian.

Where to Find an Attorney for Specific Legal Advice

 All legal service programs in Arizona differ, and their criteria for accepting cases vary as well. Find out what programs are available and where to go for assistance.

Related Questions

Question: I am a single mother of an 8 year old. The father of my child left us when my son was only 3 months old. The father recently contacted me and made it clear that he does not want any obligations with our son. He has not paid child support for 8 years. The father of my son is willing to give up his rights completely. We want to get this done as soon as possible. What can I do? I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 4 years ago and would like complete guardianship so that in the event that I was to pass on because of my sickness that my son is taken over by my sister who is a very stable person.
Read Answer »

Question: I am moving to Florida in a couple months and my 16 year old son wants to go live with his grandmother what do I have to do so she can make decisions for him like medical decisions and decisions about school it is only for a year
Read Answer »

Question: Our parents passed away two months ago and in their Will they appointed me guardian of my fourteen year old, half sister. Her grandparents don't like me and want to gain custody of her. Their son always said he never wants them to have my sister because of how he was raised. Our parent's assets are split between us so I will be able to take care of her until she comes of age to get her half. Please help. I can't get through this hard time without her with me.
Read Answer »

Question: I now live in Arizona I had full guardianship of my grandson in Michigan, We moved here with his mother,she now has moved out, been her for 8 months, how do I go about getting legal guardianship here, The mother is a drug addict ,supposedly not using,but do believe she does,without it showing, she wants guardianship back. Father lives in Ohio ,he hasn't had contact in two years,.
Read Answer »

Question: My question is how do I go about getting Guardianship/Custody of my 3 nephews. I really need legal advice. I don't want then to end up in the system.
Read Answer »

Show All



  • Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.


  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program