Parental Rights & Obligations

questions & answers

Question: Where can I find curfew laws?


Curfew is how late you can legally stay outside in a public place. The State of Arizona allows each city to set curfews, and they can be different from place to place. If you violate curfew you may be ticketed, have to pay a fine, do community service or held at the police station while a parent or guardian is called. A parent or guardian is also susceptible to being cited for violation of curfew laws by a minor within the parent or guardian's control.

Curfews are often different on weekends and weeknights and are often different if you are under the age of 16 or under the age of 18. For more information about Curfew and to see other laws, questions, and comments relating to minors, please visit


On 8/2/10
April said
While curfew laws are understandable, and diversionary classes are available for first offences, the problem I have with it is that even if the parent of the child is on a fixed income, there is no assistance for the fees.

On 11/4/09
chris said
just hold out til ur 16 seriously in arizona the curfews midnight when u turn 16

On 6/4/09
i think that curfew is stupid. every kid is still gunna sneak out. no teen wants to be told that they have to be in by 10. i mean for gods sakes make it midnight. i think th3e curfew should be up to the parents, not officers. but whatever.

On 4/5/09
kelsey said
Being 15, this curfew law doesnt always make sence to me. But I understand it is in place for my safety & well being, & im glad that it is a law.


  • Where can I find curfew laws?


  • If you get a divorce, make sure your date of birth is on the Decree if your name is changing!. . .
  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .



  • Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.


  • Please select your county of residence below.



  • State Bar of Arizona
  • Maricopa County Bar
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program