Arizona Senior Citizens Law Project Profile

Offers information and legal assistance to seniors in the Maricopa County. Volunteer lawyers and trained advocates can assist clients with any of the legal issues such as government benefits, consumer affairs, wills, probate and guardianship.

Address
4146 N 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85014
Phone: (602) 252-6710

Units

QUESTIONS

  • I signed a lease for 13 months. I was told there would be a cap of 60.00 for water. If I used less than that I paid for what I used. If I used 70.00 worth I would only pay 60.00. My water bill for 9 months has been approximately 15.00. I found out on 1/2/15 that I will be charged a standard amount of 80.00 a month because I have 2 bathrooms. Is this legal?
  • I recently received a letter in the mail from a collections company saying I owe an old apartment of mine money. It has now been 2 yrs and 4 months since I lived there. I completed the move out walk through with a manager and everything was fine. Also, I didn't need to get a security deposit back, because they consider my employer preferred (Didn't have to pay one). So now they want money for some type of damages. So what I want to know is how long does the apartment have to file this claim? Also, since everything was ok at move how do I go about tell the collections company?
  • My wife and 3 children have been renting a home in mesa for a year now. The landlord has permanently moved to Oregon and has who ever she decides come over and leave us threating notes and notes on my wifes car. her so called "step dad" has harrassed my wife while at work on numerous occasions because he doesnt like my attitude and always has weird request for us..Our AC went out on Memorial Day and my landlord was notified and he svd as the landlrd name for the diag chk of the compl broke a/c. $3800 new, $2600 repair....She told us that when we send our rent in shed fix..stil no air. eviction
  • My apartment needs repairs I put in the work order online they mark it as complete but it Dosent get fixed nothing does and I have taken pictures of the problem and have spoken with maintenance now I have mold in my complex and the repairs are still not done it's been months I have to keep putting in the same work orders again and again can I get out of my lease
  • can i get compensated by the government for being my moms sole live in caregiver
  • Is it legal for a child to be inside of a strip club as long as their adult guardian is with them?
  • My mom and stepdad have a trust that was set up by their insurance broker. I am the trustee and the trust states that all assets are to be sold and split equally between the 6 children. This is a blended family. Do they need a will in addition to the trust?
  • My son's ex-girlfriend is pregnant. She claimed he was the father. She has a history of mental health issues. She will not tell him where she lives, who her doctor is or what hospital she's going to. They were getting along OK until he said he wants a paternity test. He wants to be responsible if the baby is his. Can a court get her address to serve a subpoena and make her do the paternity test?
  • My mother passed away September 14m 2009. In her will she designated that I was to receive 75%, my sister the remaining 25%, upon the sale of her home. I need to transfer title to me, how? I reside in Pima county.
  • Where could I find a lawyer prbono

STORIES

  • I just helped my mother, age 89, deal with her Medicare HMO. . .
  • Age discrimination in the workplace. . .
  • He told me that I could actually get all the money I needed by using my home as collateral. . .

LegalLEARN

YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED

  • Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.

FIND LEGAL HELP

  • Please select your county of residence below.

    County:
     

OTHER LEGAL RESOURCES

  • State Bar of Arizona
    www.azbar.org
  • Maricopa County Bar
    www.maricopabar.org
    Referral number 602-257-4434
  • Pima County Bar
    www.pimacountybar.org
    Referral number 520-623-4625
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline
    800-799-7233
  • Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
    866-553-0893
  • Certified Legal Document Preparer Program
    Link

ORGANIZATIONS