questions & answers
Question: Our trailer we are rent to own. The electric bill is tied in with 3 other places. Our electric bill goes up every month. The electric bill is connected to the main office. Our A/C isn't working. All summer. What can we do about it? They're refusing to fix it saying it's up to us.
Answer: It is the responsibility of the landlord to maintain fit premises in accordance with (A.R.S 33-1324).
The landlord shall:
1. Comply with the requirements of applicable building codes materially affecting health and safety as prescribed in section 9-1303.
2. Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to put and keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition.
3. Keep all common areas of the premises in a clean and safe condition.
4. Maintain in good and safe working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by him.
5. Provide and maintain appropriate receptacles and conveniences for the removal of ashes, garbage, rubbish and other waste incidental to the occupancy of the dwelling unit and arrange for their removal.
6. Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times, reasonable heat and reasonable air-conditioning or cooling where such units are installed and offered, when required by seasonal weather conditions, except where the building that includes the dwelling unit is not required by law to be equipped for that purpose or the dwelling unit is so constructed that heat, air-conditioning, cooling or hot water is generated by an installation within the exclusive control of the tenant and supplied by a direct public utility connection.
For more information regarding your rights please go to: https://www.azag.gov/sites/default/files/sites/all/docs/civil-rights/fha/TenantRightsResponsibilities.pdf
If unresolved you may want to pursue legal matters and seek consultation with a lawyer.
Our trailer we are rent to own. The electric bill is tied in with 3 other places. Our electric bill goes up every month. The electric bill is connected to the main office. Our A/C isn't working. All summer. What can we do about it? They're refusing to fix it saying it's up to us.
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program