questions & answers
Question: i just recently moved in to a new apartment and i noticed that my windows are made of plastic not glass when i asked if they would replace them because it doesnt feel safe i was told no. is it leagal to have plastic windows?
Landlords must provide several things in exchange for rental payments. One of the most basic and important requirements is that your landlord provide you and your family with a healthy and safe living environment. Your living environment includes your apartment or home, and any common areas the landlord owns and holds open to residents.
Things Your Landlord Must Provide
The law specifically states:
• Your landlord must keep all appliances, which they supply, in working order.
• Your landlord must provide you with a way to dispose of garbage.
• Your landlord must make it possible for you to receive running water, including hot water.
• Your landlord must supply everything they promised in the lease. They can only shut off your utilities in a few very limited situations.
You may want to look over your lease and see if there is anything in it regarding windows, and whether the landlord made any promises concerning them. For statutory information about Tenant rights and Landlord obligations please refer to Title 33 of the Arizona Revised Statutes. Landlord obligations begin with ARS § 33-1321.
i just recently moved in to a new apartment and i noticed that my windows are made of plastic not glass when i asked if they would replace them because it doesnt feel safe i was told no. is it leagal to have plastic windows?
Free & Reduced Fees Legal Aid Resources
Click Here to apply online
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program