questions & answers
Question: how long shoud they give before i have to be out of the house?
It depends on the details in your lease. A.R.S. § 33-341 discusses termination of tenancies. The statute states:
- A tenancy from year to year terminates at the end of each year unless written permission is given to remain for a longer period. The permission shall specify the time the tenant may remain, and upon termination of such time the tenancy expires.
- A lease from month to month may be terminated by the landlord giving at least ten days notice thereof. In case of nonpayment of rent notice is not required.
- A tenant from month to month shall give ten days notice,
- and a tenant on a semimonthly basis shall give five days notice, of his intention to terminate possession of the premises.
- Failure to give the notice renders the tenant liable for the rent for the ensuing ten days.
- When a tenancy is for a certain period under verbal or written agreement, and the time expires, the tenant shall surrender possession.
- Notice to quit or demand of possession is not then necessary.
- A tenant who holds possession of property against the will of the landlord, except as provided in this section, shall not be considered a tenant at sufferance or at will.
how long shoud they give before i have to be out of the house?
- Welcome to our Newly Redesigned Website! Let us know how we are doing! Please take a couple of minutes to fill out our survey.
- Please select your county of residence below.
State Bar of Arizona
Maricopa County Bar
Referral number 602-257-4434
Pima County Bar
Referral number 520-623-4625
National Domestic Violence Hotline
Bankruptcy Court Self Help Center
Certified Legal Document Preparer Program